Saturday 26 July 2014

For My Mum

For My Mum


I miss you mum.                                                                                                                   
Now you're gone but not forgotten.                                                                                                      
I was half a world away with my wife Carole, happy, married and in love.                              
Carole has your approval:                                                                                            
"Welcome to the family."                                                                                                              
Your words have gravity.                                                                                                         
My wife took your death badly.                                                                                                   
You gone, not to meet her.                                                                                                                                                                          
We're there for each other.                                                                                                                                                                                                                            
I left my new home - Marikina, to fly to my old home - deprived Oldham.                                 
As I look at your room, sort out your jewellry, I think,                                                            
"You're gone now but not forgotten."                                                                                       
We didn't see eye to eye on some things but that didn't matter.                                              
What mattered was love, being a family and years together.                                                             
I won't forget you, my mum.

No comments:

Post a Comment