Monday 21 July 2014

Fashion Sharks by Jimmy Boom Semtex

Fashion Sharks by Jimmy Boom Semtex

"I did it the company way, yes. And I was going to leave it. But I just couldn't. I did it my way. For the first time at your company. For that I'm sorry. But you did say you liked my version. And that matters to me. Even if you discipline me for breaking house rules. For that I'm truly sorry. I am," Jelma replied, briefly making eye contact with her boss. She needs to know I'm right on this.
A pause descended. Both ladies examined their thoughts. Jelma's boss, Michu, resumed the conversation. "I have decided upon a number of things Jelma after your dress presentation yesterday. Firstly, your dress was well received. This is because you designed an excellent piece, for that you have full credit and I congratulate you. And because it was well received, it will go into production for a limited run of one thousand copies. This excludes your pre-production copy which belongs to you. Wear it, I think you will look good in it. Secondly, because you broke our house rules, I've made a decision on your future with my company. We can't have house rules broken at all, no matter the reason. Those rules have been in place since the beginning and they work excellently when followed. You followed them for a year, till now when you broke them. For that reason and that reason alone, I have decided to remove you from design and move you into marketing. Your first job will be to market your new dress, now our new dress. We expect you to succeed in this new job role and tackle any issues pro-actively and successfully. We'll give you full training, support and any resources that you need. Have you any questions?"
Jelma removed her brown frame designer glasses and rubbed the bridge of her nose. Her eyes were shut. She processed what she'd been told. Confusion, anger and happiness fought for control in her head. It was an emotional whirlpool. She struggled to remain calm and focused. Putting her glasses on, she opened her eyes and spoke. "It seems that you've already decided what to do with me, my dress and my future. And that my opinion is just that, my opinion. And it won't change what has been decided."

No comments:

Post a Comment