Wednesday 26 November 2014

new jelma no4 story extract

Friends

"We thought we'd never see you again Jelma," Chiyo said, looking concerned.
Kaito passed Jelma and Chen a beer. They were in Sera's house. This is where they first had met, seemingly decades ago. Now it was party time and catch up. Music flowed out of the speakers, some exotic Turkish gothic music with joint male/female vocals.
"I'm back now, so is Chen. Quite a different situation than before. Thanks for the beer," Jelma commented. She gave Kaito a thumbs up and smile.
"Yes, different situation. Do you remember how nervous I was and what a complete fool I made of myself before," Chen laughed. "I was very embarrassed before. But not now, eh my love?"
"It's like a different world now. Now with a new war. Yes Chen, you seemed like a shy teenager before," Jelma nodded, "you were quite sweet then too."
"Stop trying to make me blush. It's working!" Chen replied, drinking his beer.
"Ah bless him, he's bright red," Sera observed. Everyone laughed.
More beer was passed around. Another record was put on the stereo. German folk music this time. Drinking music. The hours passed slowly.

Finally, Kaito asked the question that was on everybody's minds. "How did your flight go? How did manage to do it?"

No comments:

Post a Comment