Saturday 22 November 2014

jelma no4 story extract

"We must go now. There's my jet. We can be seen stood here."
Chen bent the fence and allowed Jelma to jump over. She did so with difficulty. When Chen was over, they ran and hid behind an airport truck. Peering about, Chen nodded and led his fiancé to the plane. He clicked a small fob in his pocket and the side door unlocked and opened with a small hiss.
"Now that's cool," Jelma said.
"Yes, isn't it just. It also boots up the electrics in the jet."
Opening the side door, Chen pushed Jelma quickly and followed. Closing the door, he went to the cockpit and checked everything. Nothing was wrong. His plane had been fuelled and even washed!
"Sit in the right seat and strap in. You know the drill my love."
"Ok Chen. I love you," Jelma replied, smiling.
"I love you too. I must do the checks now," Chen whispered.
Up to now, they remained unseen. That was good as the take off checks took several minutes. When done, Chen removed the parking brake and turned on the engines. He kept the radio and take off lights OFF. Serious aviation rules and regulations were being broken. The twin Williams FJ44-4A turbofans spooled up smoothly and quickly. Chen engaged the throttles and fast taxied to the runway.
"Good luck my love," Jelma gasped, almost a prayer.
"Yes. Thank you my dear lady." Chen took his eyes off the taxi way and held her gaze. And nodded. Now! He gave it full power.
"Rock and roll babe," his lady shouted over the engines.
From three directions, airport trucks and security vehicles raced out of the coming darkness. They were too late! The Citation was passing sixty knots and approaching take off speed. A taxi way take off was crazy! Was there enough room? The nose was coming up. Hell! So was a big grey hangar!
"Come on baby, don't let me down now," Chen grunted, keeping the main wheels on the deck for another ten knots.
"Now! Lift her off. Now!" Jelma screamed.
He did so. The Citation's nose came up at a jaunty angle and they ascended to heaven like an angry angel. They'd made it!
"Fucking hell! That was close."
"Yes, it was. We took off in twenty eight hundred feet. Should of been three thousand plus. Not sure Cessna would believe us!" Chen shook his head in wonder. "This is a stunning aeroplane. Stunning."
"Really? Looks like we almost got killed. You really love your plane, don't you?" Jelma was happy to be alive, shocked at what they'd done and annoyed he loved his jet!
"We made it. Yes, I took a big risk. And we got away with it. Yes, I like my plane but don't love it. I like it as it's a cool machine. I love you Jelma. I love only you my dear."
Can't give Chen  hard time now. Not after a take off like that. My emotions are going crazy, Jelma thought. She looked out of the window. Lights from buildings and streetlamps were very close. "We're so low!"

"Yes, must avoid the radar for all of our trip. You need to let me fly now. No distractions. I don't mean to be harsh but I don't want us to crash." Chen kept one eye on the computer displays, one on Jelma.

No comments:

Post a Comment