Saturday 13 June 2015

Thirty Aught Six

Thirty Aught Six
The ruling 2% elite made the new rules. Don't do what you're told, your benefits will be stopped. I was at the joke shop and they said I'm sanctioned. Hey, twats, I don't have an illegal nuclear weapons program like Iran! But there I was, in the job centre. I wanted to be elsewhere.

It was like I was watching a stranger. I saw the stranger get sanctioned. You've not been to this job interview. Why not? I was ill. Do you have a doctor's note? No. That's not a good enough reason. Imagine how I felt. Imagine those feelings.

We're going to stop your benefits for 2 months. How do I live? How do I eat? That's not our concern. You should have gone to the interview. They lectured me. Treated me like I was nothing. I got up and left. They were still talking, droning on.

When I walked out of the job centre, I knew they couldn't touch me anymore. I was flying. I went home and locked my door. I'd drink water. I knew I'd be dead in 6 weeks. Another statistic. At least I'll be free then. Fuck them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment