Saturday 7 February 2015

Flotsam and Jetsam by Jimmy Boom Semtex

Flotsam and Jetsam
by Jimmy Boom Semtex
Copyright Jimmy Boom Semtex 2014 all rights reserved.
ISBN: 978-1-326-03532-7
"I like our old skool ways. Only we do dresses by hand. I know we made dresses at Washi partly by machine but you saw the quality of some of them. And the problems it caused Michu. What's to say that this won't end up like that? A real bloody mess?" Chiyo argued.
"Haven't you listened to what I'm saying Chiyo? Trust me, this won't end up like Michu's damn bloody mess. The Chinese are better than her at this. Why don't you think I want a bloody part of this?" Jelma lost it, very unlike her. "We must expand! Expand the correct way, in the right market, at the right time. Chen gave us a great opportunity. Do you understand?"
"Don't talk to me that way Jelma. I know everything you're saying. Yes, I've listened to it. I like handmade dresses, not machine. But this time, I'll go along. So you don't think I'm being selfish and small minded. I'm not a dinosaur Jelma. We are the best at what we do."
"Ok, I'm sorry for shouting at you. This is important not just for me but for us and our company. It's also important for Chen. So he can grow in business and work with a foreign design house. That's us. Thanks for changing your view Chiyo."
"Apology accepted. I just want us to the right thing. And it matters to me, who we are, what we are."
"I know it does. Look... I've spent many hours over many days soul searching this. Are we doing the right thing? I could have cancelled the whole project. But I didn't. Because I think we're doing the right thing and that's good. I don't want us to argue and fall out. First and foremost, we are friends. What do you other two think? Do we go or not? If we all don't agree, it's all off." Jelma laid it out before the others.
Sera drank her tea and spoke. "I think we do it. It will be good for business, get our name known and bring new opportunities in the future. Count me in."

No comments:

Post a Comment