Tuesday 2 December 2014

The Complete Nick Armbrister Poetry Collection Volume 1 1996 - 2013

The Complete Nick Armbrister Poetry Collection Volume 1
1996 - 2013

WEATHER FROM HELL

Friday was warm all 75 degrees, just like summer.
We went out and got drunk – what a night we had.
Out in only jeans and t-shirt it was that warm.
Now over the bank holiday the rain came down for three days.
I said what will happen tomorrow. Will we have 12 feet of snow?
Well, it is snowing now and getting worse. Don’t blame me,
I only asked the questions. Now it’s the turn of hail to fall,
to pound the earth into submission.



TURKISH EXPERIENCE

Arrive tired but with expectations going crazy –
“Is this it, are we here?”
Dawn comes as we get to the hotel
as breakfast is served but not for us,
so we hit the sack.
The week flies by, a crazy hassle
of barmen and traders
“You like leather jacket?”
Now amazed by ancient temples and shaken
by an earth tremor we are learning to relax
in the warm June sun..
There’s a week left now,
all the days are precious
with so many moments to be enjoyed.
Just imagine what else we will see.





KNACKERED OLD TRANSIT

It’s had its share of fun as my old transit.
For ten years it’s carried me about with a load
of lumber here, there and everywhere.
There’s holes in the bodywork and the back springs
have gone, but this is still my van in all its rusty glory.
Sooner or later I’ll have to get another one that is brand
spanking new, with digital stereo, airbag and alarm.
Will this last ten years and be as reliable as my old trany?



No comments:

Post a Comment