Tuesday 14 October 2014

Empiricals poems

Empiricals 1
We must never be apart. Learn the lessons from before. Never go to a party alone. One too many beers and so much can happen. I always get the girl. The sex can feel great. How can it not? The realisation of 'What the fuck have I done?' That feeling when everything collapses. Like the collapse of an empire. Learn the lessons of the past. For we still live in the real world.

Empiricals 2
I've not worn these jeans in fifteen years. I wonder if they still fit me? Do you still fit me? I remember our first kiss on our first date. I wore these jeans then. They hugged my figure like paint. I knew you liked them. You liked taking them off me so you saw me naked. Never mind what came next. That was a decade and a half ago. The jeans still hang in my wardrobe. They were here a lot longer than you.

No comments:

Post a Comment