Saturday 25 October 2014

CLUSTER

CLUSTER


See you praying in the church heads bowed
for the god you pretend to worship.
Does it do you any good?
Get into your friends nickers?
Bring payrise so you can pay mortgage?
I’m up in the bellfry with my radio,
I can see you below if I look down.
Ahead I see the roof, inverted red tiled vee.
I speak clearly and the devil does his evil act in your eyes.
For me business as usual.
A small dot approaches in silence,
becoming larger every second.
Now! See four dark shapes fall free and tumble
downwards. Stopping in mid air bits break
away and things fall forth, hundreds!
Onto red tiled roof, breaking several tiles,
exploding in a crazy rush of noise, violence and war.
Bits of tiles slip down forty five degree roof, freefall.
Some cluster bomblets punch through unbroken tiles
to the parishoners inside, heaven!
Others destroy the roof and rain debris and shrapnel
below injuring some. Discarded bomb casing drops
to earth, deadly cargo placed on the church.
I duck behind the wall as more bolblets explode.
Most made it inside and hell has opened forth.inside,
confined space adds to a cacophony of an event.
Sliced flesh, torn clothes, bloodied severed limbs,
disregard for gos lambs in total action and ending.
Death does not rule here absolute.
In time some will be crippled, end up in wheel chairs
or in homes or asylums. As for the priest –
he refused my wedding plans so I ripped him off,
wrecked his church and killed a selection of his oppressed flock.
His bloodied robes blow in the breeze as a man in black
walks forth. His foot fall silent leaving footsteps in blood.
Broken glass crunches and a severed limb twitches.
Old Nick was here!



No comments:

Post a Comment