Saturday 25 January 2014

The Force of Kim


The Force of Kim


I sighted my telescopic rifle upon the UFO. It was well within range and hovered in my sights. My 30 caliber bullet would close the distance, and hit the object, in less than a second.

I was in awe but not dumbstruck by this intruder. I marveled at its design, how it hung motionless in the air, at its almost silent 'flight'.

Who had built it? Where was it from? Were they friendly or enemy? What did they want? And why?

Pushing my thoughts aside, I controlled my feelings.

At first, I was scared then amazed. Now I relaxed. I watched the picture of the alien ship through my gun sight. And prepared to fire.

Just then, I felt something. Something odd. Like there was someone behind me. Yet whoever or whatever it was made no sound, said no words. But I knew there was 'something' there.

I didn't look round.

For I understood some unwritten law. I would die and things would change, forever, if I turned around. Not necessarily in that order. Torture came into my mind. Someone on the ship must be trying to contact me or stop me. I had to act now before it was too late.

I fired...

No comments:

Post a Comment