Sunday 4 August 2013


AWAY

On the bus away from Oldham, the place we call shithole,                                                                                                    
going to Uppermill to see some sites.                                                                                                                                              
Got my camera to act like a tourist.                                                                                                                                              
Lots of history and things if you know where to look.                                                                                                            
My mate never turned up so I went myself.                                                                                                                       
Enough strenuous activity to keep me busy on a hungover Sunday.                                                                                    
Saturday’s Ilkley writing festival was good, the evening beer even better.                                                                                      
I look at all the posh houses and think, what could have been, with their big cars and morgages.                                       
The bus travels on taking me to where?

No comments:

Post a Comment