Tuesday 11 August 2015

A NATION IN FLAMES

A NATION IN FLAMES
This collection of short stories came about because I wished to bring together all of my written work into a single volume. It is a collection of stories – not poetry and not a novel. Creating some of the stories was an easy process, others the opposite. The themes of my stories touch on war, horror, murder, death, magic, loss, and more. I want to encourage people to write – and writing, which is creative, promotes better understanding and reduces fear and ignorance and misunderstanding. I think it’s better to create than to destroy, though destruction can be a powerful thing. My work is on the darker side of the creative word, something positive to come out of the darkness that is within us all. There must be an easier way to get on and to co-exist with each other – not to pull the trigger on someone you hate, to press the red button and launch the nuclear missile at a city, to do actions for self gain in the name of whatever higher being one believes in. There can be a beauty in this but it can also cost us the earth.
I really enjoy writing short stories. Most of the time this has been fun, a really constructive process, though I did have my dark moments leading to deep depression and lost thoughts. I often paused for months to re-adjust. Then I continued writing – and this is the end result. If this is a success I may do a second collection similar to this in the future – who knows? My next book, however – my fourth book – will focus on poetry. So be patient…
Nick Armbrister

No comments:

Post a Comment