Sunday 25 January 2015

Natalie. BA Ravaged

Natalie. BA Ravaged
The last time I saw my parents was the day we rowed. I told them my wish to join the Colonial Marines, to become a Starship Trooper and above all, a Citizen. Dad went into orbit and mum ballistic. Their plans for me, their only daughter, were ruined. No trip to Mars or going to uni at the outer planets.
Off I went. I joined up and got my wish. I was in! Basic training was murder but I passed. I put in for Starship training. Pilots were needed. My parents called and were really nice. I told them I was accepted and they congratulated me. We said meet soon. Then the signal cut out. A transmission glitch?
It was later we heard. The bugs took out BA with a rock. We were at war! As soon as my training was done, I was being deployed on a war faring starship. I was nineteen years old. My parents were both dead. As were a million others in Buenos Aires. Earth was at war with the bugs.


No comments:

Post a Comment