Thursday 13 December 2012

RANTINGS OF A DAMAGED MIND poems... a new poem book by nick and mel out in 2013

RANTINGS OF A DAMAGED MIND poems... a new poem book by nick and mel out in 2013

 

Norwegian Hills

Back in 2004 two men met. A unique meeting then, in that year. Yet the event that led up to that meeting, the actual cause, was something else. Do I call it majestic? No.
YOU decide what to call it.
A burning Halifax bomber fell in flames between two hills. Two or three engines on fire. What happened to the other six men? Raped by Nazi gunfire. So many lost, dead.
I wish I could see the scene the Norwegian man saw. Or not. Did he pull the sole English survivor out of the wreckage?
NORWAY MY HOME.
So much war. Not Vikings or myth but real. Burning RAF bomber fell between two hills. Where are the men? Only one was there in 2004, with his saviour. Does he miss his mates? Where are his pals? Still in the charred bomber?

Like a Knife

Hippy lady I saw you perched upon the window ledge in the pub. You looked really something. What did you think of me? Of my tattoos? When you sang it was serenely blissful.
You in your short hippy skirt and tights, hair all wild, holding your guitar close like an old lover. Be my lover? Did you hear my poems? Especailly on dear Lynette. I need someone like you to fill my empty life.
I looked for you as I left the pub to get the bus. You had vanished? Are you a sylph? A being of the air. Your windowsill was bare. I wish I was close to you as you sat there, my hand between your legs, kissing you ever so deeply. Lost and falling into each others' world.
Will we meet again hippy chick?
My World, My Life, My Friend (by Mel)
Ana - You are My World, My Life, My Friend.
You stand by me, in
my darkest hours.
You don't dessert me.
You help me stay in
Control!
Yes, there have been times when I left you,
but you were always
there to call me back.
I hear your Voice, in
all I do.
You speak to me,
all the time.
You give me Hope.
You give me Strength.
You the Light in my Life.
Thank you Ana for
Always being there
for Me.
You my Best Friend,
One in a Million!
Ana (by Mel)
You were my Best Friend,
My Life - I lived for you.
You blinded me, so that I could never see the damage you caused me.
Ana, you have destroyed me, and with that, I have hurt my daughters, and family so much. I cannot keep you as my friend anymore.
I'm breaking all ties with you.
Please Ana - I ask you to leave me alone now.
Stop speaking to me - it's driving me Insane.
Stop feeding me all these stories that are Not true.
You have Broken me down - Completely - so that I Hate Myself, but
no more.
I'm fighting back!
No More Ana - No More Ana!

No comments:

Post a Comment