Wednesday 26 December 2012

Lada Love

Lada Love

Have you ever been so in love with a machine it hurts?
I am. The reason?
Lada cars especially Riva estate cars with square spotlamps in the grill.
What a beautifully proportioned machine,
each line in the right place.
Utilitarian design and poetical looks, filling my soul with joy.
Yes I feel happiness when I see a Lada car.
It makes my day and I remember the moment forever.
Balanced out by sadness.
I’ve not seen a Lada car since 2008 in Epping Forest.
That Lada Riva was cream colour with yellow wheels.
From tens of thousands on England’s roads,
now there must be less than a hundred.
I wish I could meet other Lada car enthusiasts and compare Lada notes.
I’d show them my tattoo and swoon over their cars.
Thank you Soviet Russia for your beautiful cars.

No comments:

Post a Comment