Saturday 22 December 2012

Rantings of a Damaged Mind book poems

Rantings of a Damaged Mind

By Nick Armbrister and Mel Grobler

Like a Knife

Hippy lady I saw you perched upon the window ledge in the pub. You looked really something. What did you think of me? Of my tattoos? When you sang it was serenely blissful.
You in your short hippy skirt and tights, hair all wild, holding your guitar close like an old lover. Be my lover? Did you hear my poems? Especailly on dear Lynette. I need someone like you to fill my empty life.
I looked for you as I left the pub to get the bus. You had vanished? Are you a sylph? A being of the air. Your windowsill was bare. I wish I was close to you as you sat there, my hand between your legs, kissing you ever so deeply. Lost and falling into each others' world.
Will we meet again hippy chick?
My World, My Life, My Friend (by Mel)
Ana - You are My World, My Life, My Friend.
You stand by me, in
my darkest hours.
You don't dessert me.
You help me stay in
Control!
Yes, there have been times when I left you,
but you were always
there to call me back.
I hear your Voice, in
all I do.
You speak to me,
all the time.
You give me Hope.
You give me Strength.
You the Light in my Life.
Thank you Ana for
Always being there
for Me.
You my Best Friend,
One in a Million!
Ana (by Mel)
You were my Best Friend,
My Life - I lived for you.
You blinded me, so that I could never see the damage you caused me.
Ana, you have destroyed me, and with that, I have hurt my daughters, and family so much. I cannot keep you as my friend anymore.
I'm breaking all ties with you.
Please Ana - I ask you to leave me alone now.
Stop speaking to me - it's driving me Insane.
Stop feeding me all these stories that are Not true.
You have Broken me down - Completely - so that I Hate Myself, but
no more.
I'm fighting back!
No More Ana - No More Ana!

There Are Two

In our world there are two wars. Both are equally deadly. Casualties and deaths are enormous. Our soldiers are at war all over the world, campaigns in Iraq, Afghan, Libya and more. Insurgent bullets claim some, IEDs others. Young people serving their country, often paying the highest price.
The second war is even more devastating and knows no geographical boundaries, the whole world. Lives are stolen like Lynette Hammond's life by her selfish boyfriend when he drink drove them to oblivion.
Is anyone innocent?
Look at my mad past. I created casualties of war by my angry drunken actions, married no more. Pints of beer are like bullets, have one more and drive your car.
Do drugs?
Fancy a knockout spliff, like a grenade. Bang goes your mind. Onto Class A, rob and murder a pensioner to pay for your dirty habit. Will you OD or do bird? More war casualties on our streets.
How many soldiers end up in both wars? Flashbacks leading to mind collapse, war without end. I ask why?

Exile

I use a cream for my problems in life. If I need a girlfriend I use Get Me A Girlfriend cream. And there appears a nice Size 10 slim brunette who gives good head.
To get a job I used Instant Day Job cream. Applying it liberally on my arm immediately got me a bakery day job to pay for my tattoos.
And for the car I need as a runabout, I got Instant Car cream. Putting it on my hand got me a Fiat Punto on my driveway. Not bad eh?
What about getting more book sales? I bought a tube of Many Book Sales cream and put it on my back. I sold a million ebooks and became a millionaire overnight.
This cream based solution is a good thing for a quick fix. What shall I get next? Maybe a cream to fix my craaazy mood swings?

Petalled

I’m bearing my soul to you, I’m a summer flower so (frail and fragile)... showing you everything. I am so vulnerable to life’s fall out. What else can I do?
My poems, like me, very breakable when my dark side is visible. My inverse petal side is black. With the power to destroy me. Will I lose everything when you see how shattered I am?
Or do I keep my petal face to the sun, hiding my dark underside from you? What darkness. Yet I live and love with such power, ignoring what can, will, kill and destroy me. Party on in blissful ignorance.

No comments:

Post a Comment