Saturday 16 May 2015

Vietnamese Tiger Bone Paste

Vietnamese Tiger Bone Paste
How can it be? That a magnificent tiger gets turned into bone paste? I never knew it was possible. The email I got confirmed it was. Sign the petition they asked.

I did.

It's in Vietnam. Here the tigers are killed and then processed. I don't want to know how they do it. Or what it's used for. I thought it was only the Chinese who did things like this.

I was wrong.

The people who kill the tigers don't care they're endangered. That only a few are left. Their belief, rightly or wrongly, in the tiger paste and its uses will keep them doing their heinous trade.

Will the petition change anything?

I don't know but it's a start. Maybe corrupt officials and greedy hunters and bone grinders will think twice next time. We can but sign and hope. For the tigers and all the other endangered animals.


It's up to us to do something.

No comments:

Post a Comment