Friday 31 May 2013

JUNIPER’S DAUGHTER - TRIP

JUNIPER’S DAUGHTER - TRIP

   It was cloudy and we were lost in our airplane. A day trip in my brother’s plane turned out to be a nightmare – we were bloody lost! Our fuel was low. I kept an anxious eye upon the fuel gauge needle; it moved in only one direction, downwards to the empty mark. A fine mess!

   My brother grimaced and tapped the gauge. He too thought it was lying! Grimly he spoke: “This ain’t good Lee. We’ll have to ditch in the sea in ten minutes when our gas is gone. There’s no sign of the coast and the compass is bust.”

   I looked aghast at my brother. “What?”

   “In the sea. A force landing. I hope you can swim,” he added.

   Our plane flew lower and the engine stuttered. The grey sea looked menacing under equally grey clouds. We were going in! The engine stopped dead. We went down.

   “Oh shit!” I shouted.
  
   “Yes,” my bro commented.
----------------------


No comments:

Post a Comment