Tuesday 30 April 2013

varied poems

I

I have been married,                                                                                                                              
I know how you feel.                                                                                                                                         
Don't patronise me,                                                                                                                                               
I've experienced.                                                                                                                                            
Been there,                                                                                                                                                       seen it before.                                                                                                                                                            
Been in the dock,                                                                                                                                            
right on the edge relationship train wreck.                                                                                                    
I've been there.                                                                                                                                                       
I know gut wrenching anxiety,                                                                                                              dark despair,                                                                                                                                        
delicious forbidden suicide pull.                                                                                                                   
Snap out of it and say sorry!                                                                                                                      
Save your relationship and save face,                                                                                                    
avert a war.                                                                                                                                                       
I was married and understand.

LYNETTE

Not quite sure why your death affected me so much Lynette.                                                     
Left me very upset when I found out.                                                                                              
I'd just been to Tesco’s at Greenfield for Naomi.                                                                              
I checked my messages and Mel told me of your death in a car accident.                                       

Mel was upset and I felt her pain.                                                                                                     
I looked on Mel's profile and saw your name.                                                                                   Why did you have to die?                                                                                                                    I'm unsure why I was sad.                                                                                                                       
It just seemed wrong.                                                                                                                        
I got back to Naomi's to do meditation and you Lynette was on my mind.                                       
We did meditation and I was very sad.                                                                                          
Maria did Reiki healing on me and I told her what happened.                                                   
She said Oh No.                                                                                                                                      I cried then over a gal I'd never known and never would in this world.                                                            
Maybe in the next.                                                                                                                                    I sent healing
to you Lynette, how the hell can I heal you when you're gone?                                       
I sent it to your family and to my dear friend Mel in South Africa, half a world away.                              
I so wish Mel lived nearby, I'd be there for her.                                                                                 
I wonder what you are like Lynette.                                                                                                   What makes you laugh, cry and happy.                                                                                             
NOW I can't coz your gone.                                                                                                                           
I pray to a better place.                                                                                                               
Peace.

Mind Fright Friday Night 

I’d been out to the pub on my own I came back early, it was one of those nights. I walked up the main road a little drunk. It was then I heard a car, it sped away so very fast – getaway? Briefly I saw it, gone. Seconds later I heard two bangs, fireworks? No pretty sky light
display screams! I heard screams of, “Help! Help! My husband’s been shot!”  My drunkenness shoved aside like an unwelcome friend I rushed to the house, got in the back door saw a scene from hell. Why did fate pick me? Why did fate pick me to see a man dying from a gunshot wound one metre from me? Why did fate allow this to happen? I don’t care what he had done no one deserves death by firearm. Blown away they call it. There was nothing I could do, I felt so helpless. I called the medics; silly woman on the phone did stress me out! That night everything changed forever, the last of my innocence died when I tried to help a shocked wife who’s now a widow with her two kids. I wish I could have done more but I feel I failed, being a witness to a dying man’s life, an end. I’ll place flowers at her gate to remember an awful night that washed away my petty problems. Why did a man die? 
Based on real events I sadly came across late summer 2009 no more guns (or knives) on our streets enough is enough. 

No comments:

Post a Comment