Friday 12 October 2012

Shithole Oldham

Shithole Oldham

Why is my town such a hostile fucking town?
All these years on my own in a dying northern town.

Seeing it die.

Shops closing, businesses going bust,
people being murdered,
dealers pushing dope.
What a nice place.

Do you have to be a cunt to live here?
Do I need to have the attitude of a Nazi to survive?
Smash my enemies up with no fucking mercy,
no quarter given?

I fear that my town will make me like that,
destroy my last bit of innocence.
Like a tank crushing a rose.

Obliterated.

What will become of me?
My final human footprint will be bigger than most.
You see,
I'm a writer and put my thoughts on paper to share with this evil town and perilous world.

I don't care for tomorrow nor does my town care for me.
Single for years,
so spiteful are local gals.
No job for years,
recession was invented here.

Many drink or commit suicide to escape, so sad.
No cinema or glitzy clubs here.
Darkness and despair.
Wish I could list a dozen positive points;
I can't.

Can you dear reader?
Oldham, shithole northern town.

No comments:

Post a Comment