Thursday 25 October 2012

Sandstone and Granite

Sandstone and Granite

She is my flickering candle flame in ultimate darkness, threatening to go out.
When her light dies, mine also dies.
For then I'll welcome oblivion with open arms, be engulfed by it.

She doesn't know what she has awakened within me.
I'm almost unable to comprehend it, utterly terrified of what could become.
Her words can soothe me, journeying within my soul, or they destabilise me, slicing me like a dark energy spear.

Been here before, simply refuse to go through that again, American Goth lady murdering me by silence.
Fragments of her still haunt me, for I still care.

Will she be merciful and allow us to become two candle flames?
For two burn more brightly than just one, alone.

Will a hurricane shatter us before there can be an 'us'? 
What happens if an 'event' occurs?
Stealing one of us away, leaving the other forsaken in the darkness.
To perish alone.

Ultimate sin would surely follow, if I was abandoned again.
Let her love heal me, save me from me, in a new beginning.

For I believe in her and hope.
And in myself and us.









No comments:

Post a Comment