Monday 27 June 2016

Nobody to Flirt With Jimmy Boom Semtex

Nobody to Flirt With
Jimmy Boom Semtex
Del tattooed a soldier, fresh from his Afghan tour. He walked into the studio and handed over a page of scribbled notes and sketches. "Think you can do something with it? The cost doesn't matter. I'd like it on my lower left leg."
"Yes, we can make something out of that. Let me sketch some designs and then we can pick one for you. Your first tattoo? Something this size will take 3 hours or more. You want it in two or three sessions?"
"No, do it all at once. The pain is no problem. I'm a soldier. Yes, my first tattoo. Do the designs and I'll pick one."
"Sure, no problem. One session it is. You're lucky, we're normally booked up and only take appointments, rarely walk ins. Do you want coffee while you wait?"
"Really? Lucky me. Yes please, black and strong. No milk or sugar."
"Coming on up." Del gave the soldier a coffee and he waited while she drew up some designs.
Thirty minutes passed and they chatted about his army career, his job aims when he left and about tattoos. When the designs were done, Del showed the soldier, who was called Don. He instantly chose the first one. It was a tiger guarding a soldier, who in turn stood guard over a fallen comrade. The detail was excellent.
"It just says it all without words, how I feel inside. Thank you for making it real."
"It's my pleasure Don, really. Let's start then. I'll prep the gun and needles. Don't worry, I'll be gentle. Tell me if it hurts or you want me to stop."
"Ok. I'm sure you'll do the best tattoo ever."
"I will do."
"Cool. Can't wait to see it."

No comments:

Post a Comment