Thursday 13 March 2014

THE POETRY, PROSE AND QUOTES OF JMS AND OTHER WRITERS


THE POETRY, PROSE AND QUOTES OF JMS AND OTHER WRITERS


 

Edited by Jimmy Boom Semtex

SWEETIE

My 'Old faithful', my cockney cat,                                                                                                                             
Sixteen years is a long time.                                                                                                              
Four homes we shared, each one different,                                                                                     
But you remained the same.

So tolerant of other cats who came and went.                                                                              
Always there to greet me with your purr.                                                                                                                   
And by your calm attention to my moods,                                                                                                                                                      You helped me cast aside my human cares.                                                                                                          

Goodbye my friend. Sleep Well.

14 July 1988.

No comments:

Post a Comment