Monday 23 April 2012

early poems from my 1st ever book FADE INTO FOCUS, FOCUS INTO FADE


more older poems from my FADE INTO FOCUS, FOCUS INTO FADE book

SLOWLY, SPEEDILY TURNING

All at once both slow and fast all at once. A sense of motion is awesome,
has anyone ever felt such a heady rush of speed
together with total slowness and lack of motion?
Let's set off on our journey up to the hills,
we will arrive in seconds and in days…
here there are two speed vortices that we share at the same time, continuously.
Who an earth wants to move both slow and fast at once? I would for one.
Soon maybe everyone can – it may happen to them when they don't expect it…
standing still and your world starts to rush by, unending rush.


BATTLEGROUND

Yes, I have been there, I have taken devastating loses and I have won immense victories you'd be amazed to see, I know all the rules and how to fight to win or to lose in this the battleground of life. If you knew all of what I know and all I have seen it would shock you as it still does me.
The weapons, my weapons, are not guns or bombs but the sweet taste of revenge and the enjoyment of ignorance and harshness to my opponents.
Sometime there is collateral damage, isn't that part of every battle?
If you wanna be friends that's great but if you wanna fight that suits me too,
it's not just you or me who calls the shots but every single one of us in the battleground of life.



IT DOESN'T HAVE TO BE LIKE THIS

Here we are in the pub with records on the jukebox and a cold beer in front of us
but I ain't having a good time, 'cause you have hurt me and now you ignore me.
For two hours you ignore me and only talked to him, I think it's wrong but I'm too shy to say something. I know it's me who should speak but I don't, am I wrong not to?
You' d probably say I am. I'll try to forgive you but I can't as even now I want revenge and I will get it, you started this, so I'll finish it and we are now at war and you are my enemy. It'll be dial a pizza and taxis at your place for the next two years.





FORGOTTEN PROMISES

We talk face-to-face, so close, so fragile. In the morning I say goodbye
my eyes searching her tearful eyes for one last gleam of hope.
Then I go, I promise from the bottom of my heart to phone you and I will
But I never do as the headlong rush that is life rushes me by,
making that one night seem so long ago.
I ask myself, did it happen? Really? I mean, all I have is the memory of the
sweat on your body and the curve of your figure.
In some faceless, nameless town I meet you in the street, your eyes pierce me
and reduce me to ashes. I'm so sorry I broke my promise but life forgot all
about me.



SO I LOVE MY COUNTRY

The scream of the shells and the sight of the smashed buildings make my town look like a war zone; that's just what it is, so many have died. I'm past caring, I've seen so many fall, so pointlessly, at a dozen battles over this tortured country.
Your Russian planes will never break us – no, not ever even if it all leads to us all being killed.
Today my commander phoned up the Russian chief of staff but he hung up the phone,
we want a ceasefire and for you to leave our country and for this terrible war to stop.
Yet you're not willing to talk, to negotiate, how can it stop? It will spiral downwards where only nuclear weapons will stop it, turning people to ash, the ground to glass and our country to nothing. All because you didn't want to talk.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home