Friday 11 September 2015

Shoki: The Story of Sensei Pete Ratcliff By Nick Armbrister

Shoki: The Story of Sensei Pete Ratcliff
By Nick Armbrister
Sensei Pete: It was a guy I knew. No. It was a guy that knew my sister who was married. It was a guy that my sister’s husband was friends with. I can’t remember the name of the club. I’d just got interested. The first proper club was the Shotokan Club in Greenacres.
Nick: Is that where you attended?
Sensei Pete: I attended there.
Nick: What age were you then at that club?
Sensei Pete: Five or six.
Nick: What other Martial Arts do you do and what are they called? Other than just karate. You mentioned Ju Jitsu.
Sensei Pete: I do Ju Jitsu, train in Kobudo which is weapon training, train in Thai Boxing, Kung Fu I’m interested in.
Nick: Have you done belts in those equal to black belt or?
Sensei Pete: No, mainly in just Karate. I just train in them.
Nick: Right. You say you’re interested in Thai Boxing. What have you done in that?
Sensei Pete: I’ve trained in Thai Boxing for a few years, I’ve instructed in Thai Boxing under Mike Duffy at Knuckle’s Thai Boxing Club.
Nick: Where Woz goes?
Sensei Pete: Yes.
Nick: Cool. Right, well that’s answered the other question which is what other Martial Art club types have you attended. That is obviously Thai Boxing and the other ones.
Sensei Pete: Muay Thai.

No comments:

Post a Comment