Saturday 21 March 2015

The Lady From Afar (condensed version. Verse 1 by Jimmy Boom Semtex/Nick Armbrister. Verse 2 by PJ Reed)



condensed (words removed) version of my poem written with P.j. Reed. i prefer this version tho the original is quite different but equally good. took an hour to do thru my verse. see what you think. both versions will be in my new poem book out in late 2015. the book is called PICNIC.
The Lady From Afar
(condensed version. Verse 1 by Jimmy Boom Semtex/Nick Armbrister. Verse 2 by PJ Reed)
I see the lady from afar look away. Not from me something else. What? Known to her. Malady tormenting others can't see. Her mind something? Mischievous spirit malevolent demon? Power tarnish reputation hound senses crush will to live. Frightful expression forms upon pretty face. Shadows drop light green eyes. Real imagined? Fantastically cruel fakery beyond doubt? Long black dress once elegant. Stained ever darker - blood! Her own? If another's what happened? Fight a lover? Duel with sister? Insane mother unhinged? Herself falling to the abyss?
She approaches; trailing lavender fields and golden summers through the amber streets. A thousand years of ancient wonder in the greeness of her eyes. Drifts of ebony hair wave to me as she walks. An intoxicating eastern beauty. I reach out as she glides by. Black dress caught between by fingers, crumbles to my touch. I breathe her ash, it cuts my throat, makes my eyes bleed red. I choke in penance for my lust and fall screaming to the ground as I see in the distance the lady from afar.

No comments:

Post a Comment