Tuesday 2 July 2013

TOGETHER… ALMOST…


TOGETHER… ALMOST…

 

Over Russian steppe I followed you, in your Yak plane of fabric and wood.

You not yet 23. You are a girl of the sky, someone who should have not been here,

you are a chimera. Part eagle and part heroine.

But I notice you and your stunning charisma, time pauses.

I am in my plane by your side, your wingman, covering you till death.

For you I’d die but please not today.

Soon we will be together, soon now my love, you are my soulmate…

After this mission, when we land, Ill ask you to be mine, do say yes.

Clouds surround me, hiding you from me. Where are you?

There my love, come to me.

Not long now, a few more minutes. What is that?

No, Germans! Quick turn to attack, Ill be there for you,

we can win this… do it for us…

 

Later only one plane lands, in difficulty.

Wheels up, it stops, no one gets out.

Bullet holes surround the cockpit.

A plane is missing, where?

Is the girl lost?

 

Soon both will be together, in death…

…in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment