Monday 11 February 2013

older poems

BE AN EARL

I swirl through the sea this way and that,
I twirl around the sky in all ways at once,
I whirl through time watching the years spin
on by, I curl down the rippling flow of fiery lava,
I hurl myself out of the window violently
to the ground, I knurl the woodwork into neat round ridges.
I’m now finished so I’ll be noble and be an earl.

RUSSIAN EAGLES

Come here and I’ll tell you a tale about two Russian kids high
on acid who did themselves in.
They took some acid tabs and fucked themselves daft,
downing a bottle of cheap vodka.
Their heads started to swirl all ways at once just like a bird flies.
Up to the roof they went and like birds they flew
smashing to the ground like the broken eagles
they were, still holding hands.




CHEATED

Go to a field to see the circle with its spiralling arc
and graceful shapes all cast upon the corn.
Aren’t they mystical, such an unexplained phenomena?
Do you think it’s a mystery or an elaborate hoax?
See for yourself, flattened corn in a perfect circle
twenty yards across.
Can you feel the energy coming from the earth?
They’re like UFOs, ghosts and aliens.
We need something to believe in, in our material world,
something mystical and magical, so we aren’t cheated
by life.



STUCK

Here I am stuck in limbo that leads to nothing.
When I ask the question how I got here
there is no answer, just the same old feeling
of cold desolation.
There is no future, it’s as dead as the past
so there is only now with its time-stopping paralysis.

BLUE

The blue of the sky gives away
its intent among its contrasting colours.
From deep turquoise of the ocean to crystalline
twilight of the dawn it casts its hue upon us all.
From upon the high hills
to deep amongst the city
we feel its colours of the atmosphere atop
our shoulders giving us precious life.

No comments:

Post a Comment