Wednesday 18 July 2012

Forward JUNIPER'S DAUGHTER - FRONTIER TOWN

Forward  JUNIPER'S DAUGHTER - FRONTIER TOWN
   This novel is set at a date shortly after my previous novel Juniper’s Daughter, how long you ask? Not a year and not a ten thousand, I’ll leave it up to the reader to date when. Some events link it directly to the 1st book namely the witch Juniper’s Daughter and several chapter titles are linked to the earlier work with a link to the past, Juniper’s Daughter. Many new characters, story lines, information and other new events are featured in this book; who knows I may even do a book3 Juniper’s Daughter, a 2nd follow up. I’m beginning to like her character and I do relate to her in the real world and not just on paper, as a work of fiction.
   I really love the dark background of a world torn apart by war, conflict and suffering, how the people try to survive either living or dying. How clear-cut in perfect black and white! What else in life is like that? After my disappointing years of 2008-?, I will put a lot of my own personal darkness in these pages so you can experience it through the characters. My own events like the break up of my family, being laid off my dangerous job and having to move away from my home in the south of England, up to my old home in the north of England, helped shaped my views and attitudes. I have put my own darkness and despair into my new book, created a positive out of a negative.
   Juniper’s Daughter – Frontier Town is set in a town on the edge where life means nothing and death is a constant companion in day to day life, in the night and in the dark recesses of the traumatised human mind. Maybe the dead were the lucky ones; maybe the ones who prayed for a final nuclear holocaust weren’t so crazy after all…
this book by Nick Armbrister is out now on amazon and other good book sites.

No comments:

Post a Comment