Sunday 24 June 2012

Berlin Tokyo War Hearts is Nick Armbrister's new poetry book.

Berlin Tokyo War Hearts is Nick Armbrister's new poetry book. Various events inspired this book: the tragic death of a precious lady called Lynette; study of the Falklands/Malvinas War; and Nick's journey through life. Nick's new work is published here for the first time in a collection. Both creative and dark, it includes Nick's Natalie series of poems that follow the journey of an Argentine Air Force pilot, Natalie, through battle and peace. Other work includes musical and aeroplane themed pieces. Nick wanted to create something beautiful. Did he succeed and keep darkness hidden?

http://www.lulu.com/content/paperback-book/berlin-tokyo-warhearts/12900319

Say

THEY say make love not war.                                                                                                                         
I say THEY have no idea of what they’re talking about.
They think I’m mad due to the way I am and my interests of Goth/alternative music, tattoos, study of war/history/aircraft and love of art/tattoos.                                                                                                                                                                         
I say I’m not mad.                                                                                                                                           
I’m cursed/gifted with an ability to see many things I don’t want to and to put it into poetry.                         
And every day this responsibility of my talent drives me down.                                                                                 
Asking why brings no answers.                                                                                                                  
It’s what I have to do...

Event

Now I know how wrong war in the world is and murder on our streets. It won’t ever change or stop.                                                                                                                     
You see, it’s the way we are.                                                                                                                     
Maybe it’ll stop on the next genetic step/human level in our development. Like with the so called grey aliens who are meant to have a collective mind.                                            
I bet they can make war, imagine an F-16 shooting at them with an AMRAAM missile lol. Bye bye F-16. War of the worlds motherfucker.                                                                                                                              
Give me more beer...

No comments:

Post a Comment